Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So today is a sick day, which brings up my newest topic. It occured to me that something is really wrong when I do not mind getting sick because it means I get some R&R for a change. I use to be a person who knew how to take it easy, but since my grandmother died early this summer I seem to be on a marathon run. Switching from sick bed virgil, to funeral and all things connected, to finishing up my summer work and then school. It seems like I've been going full blast for so long that when I realized I was sick last night--some crazy hour of the night--it didn't bother me. My first thought was "Oh nice, I can catch my breath."
It seems like a lot of us have this problem anymore. We get so caught up in chasing the promotion, rocking the grades, doing something big that we forget to settle down and just enjoy life once in a while.
Today I have barely got out of bed. I've watched episodes of the Listener, chatted on IM and talked--well really was talked at mostly because of my cold not giving me much in the way of verbal skills--by an awesome friend. I can barely breath through congestion, but I've had an incredibly fun day.
So, my percription for you, my fair readers, is kick back a bit. The world, and all the stress, will still be there when you get back.

Tata!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment