Thursday, September 17, 2009

A little Babbling to Boot

Hey Friends,
Still feeling pretty well sick and to occupy myself I've been watching The Listener. This was a show recently (and sadly) canceled by NBC. While I can kind of understand the cancellation, there are many many smarter things to watch, this show has managed to captivate me. I'll be the first to admit it's campy and a few of the episodes could have been better but there are few shows that can get me to suspend my belief like this one. Somehow the Listener just makes it work. The filler episodes are a bit obvious but when the meat of the story comes in (about episode 6) everything goes from good and campy to great and compelling.

So, here are the ten reason some other station should pick up this piece of wonder.

10. He's an EMT. In a world where Doctors are over done to death, EMTs just rock on TV

9. Even when the plots are a stretch the characters remain believable and more importantly, lovable. The actor is excellent.

8. I don't actually hate Charlie. haha. I actually really like her character but I'm just shocked I don't hate her. I'm really sick of the skeptical detective chick but she actually pulls it off.




7. Toby is a really smart guy, who is about the most clueless thing I have ever seen. In fact, it shocks me that he hasn't stepped in front of a bus yet. I find myself torn between thinking he's a genius and thinking he's as dumb as a box of rocks. It's very endearing.

6. The bromance (sorry for those sick of the term it just fits) between Toby and Oz is so adorable. Honestly, who wouldn't want a friend like Oz? Finds out he's a telepath? No problem. Gets in trouble because he's worried about Toby's sanity? No big.

5. Toby and Ray, are also just so fun to watch. Ray reminds me of my own mentor, incredibly smart and just a little bit creepy haha

4. It's so campy it's great! Honestly, it's the only show I've ever watched that can suspend your belief this much.

3. It's like jumping into Kyle XY once they hit their stride, while also being Heroes if Peter was the only character. Which for those who know what I mean, will understand how awesome that is.

2. Every episode screams for a fanfic. Seriously, if you can get through an episode of the Listener without a least one plot bunny attacking you...then you're clearly not a fangirl haha

1. Toby Logan is clearly Chuck Norris's illegitimate child. He runs foolhardy into situations he really should not live through and comes out unscratched. He fought off an armed thug with a friggin golf club! He faced a homicidal unstable sociopath and the sociopath ran the other way.

Conclusion. Go watch it! I will do you one better...here it is

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment